[Zope] Acquisition? Did I just lose my Zen?

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:56:44 -0400

On Tue, Sep 21, 1999 at 01:55:08PM -0400, Michel Pelletier wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 21, 1999 at 12:25:10PM +0000, Jim Fulton wrote:
> > > When you acquire an object, the acquired object gets the context of
> > > the aquirer *and* the context it was acquired from, with the source
> >                                 ^^
> > > context taking precedence over the destination context.  In the
> > > example above, 'Personal' acquires from the top-level folder first,
> > > and then from the 'frames' folder.
> >
> > That started off as a useful tidbit... then we got to the pronoun
> > without a referent.
> > "It".
> > Which it?
>
> The _acquired_ object.

Got it.  Then, I agree with the other folks.  How can you override the
context of the place where you acquired it _from_ with the context of
the place where you acquired it _to_?  That would seem to be a very
important ability...

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592