[Zope] Name of DTML file

Robert Leftwich robert@leftfieldcorp.com
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 09:22:42 +1000

Is there a way to find the filename of a DTML file that is used in a
product via HTMLFile() ? I have tried various things, name(),
_['__name__'], etc without success.

What I am attempting to do is add some basic version checking to my dtml
files and would like to be able to report the name of the file that has
a problem as opposed to the URL, which may be different if the file is a
reused snippet of dtml. The code looks something like this :

<dtml-call "checkVersion( filename, version_no )">
<... more DTML code
...>

Obviously, I can hardcode the name in each dtml file, but this is a
potential maintenance problem.

Any suggestions ?

TIA
Robert Leftwich