[Zope] Installing on virtual host

Andrew Lahser andrew@eventera.com
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 20:21:00 -0400

At a minimum, you will need to have an Apache rewrite rule to pass
HTTP authentication
headers to Zope through to the Zope.cgi script. This requires modification of
the Apache
configuration files. If you can convince your ISP to add this for you, you
should be
able to get Zope to work with Apache. Of course, Zope will have to be running
under
your account to accept requests throught the Zope.cgi.

In addition to the WEBSERVER.TXT document in the distribution,
take a look at the virtual host how-to;
http://www.zope.org/Members/jec/virtual_howto_html
and the ApacheRewrite how-to;
http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/HowTos/ApacheRewriting.
They may not directly answer your question, but they provide good
background information.

If your current ISP won't work after all, another option would be a dedicated
server.
You don't get root, but you don't have to remotely administer the server.

Another option would be to look into one of the Zope hosting services.

Drew