[Zope] Referring to a property of a folderish object?

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 10:03:11 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Suder Steen SFS <sfs@sciatl.dk>
To: zope@zope.org <zope@zope.org>
Date: Wednesday, September 22, 1999 8:57 AM
Subject: [Zope] Referring to a property of a folderish object?

>I'd like the index_html to have the same title as the containing folder.
>
>I've tried
><!--#var parentfolder.title-->, <!--#var containerfolder.title-->, <!--#var
container.title-->,
><!--#var parent.title--> just to mention a few.

Note: I'm switching to the <dtml-xx > syntax because it's a lot
friendlier...

If it is a DTML Method, saying <dtml-var title> will show the title of the
container (to get the title of the Method, you would need to use <dtml-var
document_title>. In a DTML Document, you can use <dtml-var
"PARENTS[1].title"> or <dtml-var "container.title">
Note the quotes... you need to use those because this is an expression.

>I use my membership page to put small notes and tips in (well, only one at
the moment :-); how do I make the tips on the page appear in a search on a
covered subject?

After adding your tip, click on it within the management screen. You will
see a "Catalog" tab. Use that tab to request that the item be added to the
system-wide catalog. This applies to most items you add to your member area
on the site.

Kevin