[Zope] ZServer Only

Jim Harrison jhrsn@pop.pitt.edu
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 17:01:11 -0400

>> > Am I correct in assuming that if I don't want to use Apache, just
>> > ZServer to serve up my www pages to the world, that all I have to do is
>> > tell Zserver to use port 80, and the requests for
>> > http://www.mydomain.com with no port will come right out of ZServer.
>>
>> Yes ...

This may not be as simple as it seems at first glance (for a zope/linux
newbie). Changing the port in the httpd.config file from 80 to 8081 (as
root) and then rebooting activates Apache on port 8081 but it also
continues to serve on port 80. Trying to start Zserver on port 80 under
those conditions generates an error. Any advice on how to run Apache on a
port other than 80 simultaneously with Zserver on port 80?

Jim Harrison

James H. Harrison, Jr., MD, PhD
Associate Director of Pathology Informatics, Department of Pathology
Faculty Member in Residence, Center for Biomedical Informatics
University of Pittsburgh Health System
C920 PUH, 200 Lothrop Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

jhrsn@pop.pitt.edu | voice: 412-647-5529 | fax: 412-647-9588

"If you want sense, you'll have to make it yourself!!"-Norton Juster