[Zope] ZServer Only

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 17:31:56 -0400

On Wed, Sep 22, 1999 at 05:01:11PM -0400, Jim Harrison wrote:

> >> Yes ...
>
> This may not be as simple as it seems at first glance (for a zope/linux
> newbie). Changing the port in the httpd.config file from 80 to 8081 (as
> root) and then rebooting activates Apache on port 8081 but it also
> continues to serve on port 80. Trying to start Zserver on port 80 under
> those conditions generates an error. Any advice on how to run Apache on a
> port other than 80 simultaneously with Zserver on port 80?

Well, Jim, he was trying to do something a little different then it
sounds like you are, but if you've reconfigured Apache to answer port
8081 and it's still answering port 80 as well, I think you've
overlooked a knob in the configuration file...

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592