[Zope] Undo is no longer available

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 17:01:38 +0100

Thanks for the prompt reply Jim,

At 11:54 am -0400 23/9/99, Jim Fulton wrote:

>> Basically, the Data.fs file was stuffed.
>
>What do you mean by this?  Did you have trouble restarting Zope?

No, I could restart it ok. I just couldn't use the Undo tag or add any objects.

> > I couldn't use Undo or add
>> any other objects.
>
>Did this persist after a restart?

Yes.

> > I had to replace it with the Data.fs file I had
>> (fortuitously!!) saved from the night before.
>>
>> Warning to others: check your quota on accounts that you run Zope
>> under. It seems there's no way to recover from this situation, other
>> than to use a backup (if you've got one).
>
>You should be able to recover by just restarting Zope.

Hmmm. I'm loathe to do this on our production box, I'll try it out on
my LinuxPPC setup at home and see what happens.

>If not, please report this problem to support@digicool.com.
>

>Jim

certainly.
Cheers
Tone
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2