[Zope] Acquisition inquisition

Michael Bernstein mbernstein@profitscape.net
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 11:10:58 -0700

Kevin Dangoor wrote:

> The short of it is that the actual container of "education" is / and not
> "test". The long of it is in this message by Jim Fulton:
> http://www.egroups.com/list/zope/md1921706242.html

Ok, so I guess I had gotten it wrong too. I thought that the direct mapping of
objects to URL's meant that the acquisition path was implicit in the URL too,
and that by manipulating the URL you could manipulate the acquisition path and
override default acquired properties and methods in different ways. I guess I'm
going to have to rethink some stuff I was planning.

<idle_speculation>
Hmm, maybe if I design things so that all properties are contained in objects
that MUST be put into the URL, and are not in the direct acquisition path at
all.... This would mean adding code for conditions where no default property is
set, but could be workable.
</idle_speculation>

BTW, what would break (internally to zope) if this was changed so that the
acquisition path DID derive directly from the URL?

Michael Bernstein.