[Zope] How do I specify an ftp port in emacs?

Alex.Thomas@dresdnerkb.com Alex.Thomas@dresdnerkb.com
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 09:12:30 +0100

That works for ange-ftp in older emacsen. For the newer EFS mechanism here's
my snippet of advice:

XEmacs has an FTP client called EFS that makes FTP sites look like a local
file system. The easiest
way to use it is to put an entry like the following in the .netrc file in
your local directory:

     machine my.server.com#9021 login myname password mypassword

To save typing in a long site name, you can get EFS to recognize an
abbreviation in the same way as the normal file functions. However, EFS is
only normally loaded when needed so it won't spot abbreviations the first
time an FTP site is accessed. To avoid this, load EFS on startup by adding
this line to your .emacs file:

     (require 'efs)

cheers
alex

This email, its content and any files transmitted with it are intended
solely for the addressee(s) and may be legally privileged and/or
confidential. Access by any other party is unauthorised without the
express written permission of the sender. If you have received this
email in error you may not copy or use the contents, attachments or
information in any way. Please destroy it and contact the sender on
the number printed above, via the Dresdner Kleinwort Benson
switchboard on +44 171 623 8000 or via e-mail return. Internet
communications are not secure unless protected using strong
cryptography. This email has been prepared using information believed
by the author to be reliable and accurate, but Dresdner Kleinwort
Benson makes no warranty as to accuracy or completeness. In particular
Dresdner Kleinwort Benson does not accept responsibility for changes
made to this email after it was sent. Any opinions expressed in this
document are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the
opinions of the Bank or its affiliates. They may be subject to change
without notice.