[Zope] FW: [Zope] REVIEW: How-To: Using ZClient to Access Another Server

Loren Stafford lstafford@icompression.com
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 12:51:30 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Loren Stafford [mailto:lstafford@icompression.com]
Sent: Friday, September 24, 1999 12:50
To: Joshua Brauer
Subject: RE: [Zope] REVIEW: How-To: Using ZClient to Access Another
Server

I haven't actually done it with zClient, but I know you can put your userID
and password in the URL.

Something like this:

https://userID:password@www.wellsfargo.com/accounts/userID

This works with browser-implemented Basic Authentication. Is that what you
meant?

If the bank presents an HTML form that you have to fill in, I'm not sure.
You might be able to mimic the results of returning the form, and just send
them directly to the bank without getting the form first. A highly secure
server (and you hope your bank's is very secure) will implement exotic
measures that try to prevent you from doing that.

-- Loren