[Zope] A Modest Proposal

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 13:20:33 -0400

Ahem.

I'm reading this list, trying to assemble a zen of Zope for myself, so
that when I start digging into it seriously here next month, I'll have
a semblence of a clue.

There's lots of traffic; this is good.

But there's a problem.

Check this out:

On Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 09:14:25AM +0100, Alex.Thomas@dresdnerkb.com wrote:
> Access Control List, I imagine (why not user_acl tho'? hmmmm)
>
> alex

<rant>
Now, I'm not picking on Alex specifically, here, but PLEASE, people,
could we 1) clip our responses to _exactly_ what we're commenting on
and not the 20KB of other crap that was in the message, and 2) maybe,
use paragraph breaks.  Good English usage is _not_ optional, "just
because it's only the Net".

It is _painful_ (and I mean this literally, I'm getting a headache), to
read some of this stuff.  I don't want to drop this list -- but it
generates as much traffic a day as _every other list I'm on, combined_,
and that's like _7_ other mailing lists.

And I'm sure I'm not alone.

Let's all take the necessary 30 seconds to practive good mailing list
hygiene, could we?
</rant>

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592