[Zope] Detecting acl username

Jens Vagelpohl tommymi@concentric.net
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 14:38:32 GMT

i was suggesting something similar, actually, but my suggestion failed
because i could not remember what the method name is to get at the
desired name. like someone else suggested (was it this morning?), what
about a reference document that lists

* variables accessible from REQUEST (like AUTHENTICATED_USER and such)
* methods exposed by these objects (like
AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName())

jens

Jens Vagelpohl
Systems Administrator
Washtenaw Development Council

On 9/27/99, 9:52:16 AM, "Christopher Petrilli" <petrilli@digicool.com>
wrote regarding Re: [Zope] Detecting acl username:

> > Michael Fox wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Is it possible to output a username once a acl user has logged in?
> >>
> >> Example - If my login is Bill, once I enter the secure area of the
> >> site, it could say - Hi Bill
> >>

> > Hi <dtml-var AUTHENTICATED_USER>.

> Not to tramps on our illustrious developer, but this is a bad idea...
you
> should instead use:

>     <dtml-var AUTHENTICATED_USER.name>

> or

>     <dtml-var "AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName()">

> The reasons for this are multitudinous, but largely derived from
behaviour
> of more advanced user mechanisms, like LDAP.

> Chris
> --
> | Christopher Petrilli        Python Powered        Digital Creations,
Inc.
http://www.digicool.com