[Zope] Uppercasing a string in a ZSQL method?

Theodore Patrick tpatrick@IndigoNetworks.com
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:47:21 -0500

There are two ways to solve the problem:

1. MODIFY THE METHOD AND OUTPUT TO THROUGH AND <DTML-IN>
Modify the SQL METHOD:

select name, upper(vid_code)      <<-----THIS WILL RETURN THE vid_code in
UPPERCASE
from vid
where ACCOUNT_TYPE='secondary' and BROADCAST_STATUS='ACTIVE'
and ascii(substr(lower(name),1,1)) between 48 and 57
ORDER BY ascii(substr(lower(name),1,1))

When you view this via DTML in and <dtml-in> TAGS

specify the variable as <dtml-var upper(vid_code)>

We figured this out because the test output of the SQLMETHOD prints
upper(vid_code). If I am incorrect on the syntax above look at the TEST
output from the SQLMETHOD! It should work!

2. MODIFY THE OUTPUT VIA DTML with a FORMAT ATTRIBUTE:

HELP ME OUT HERE!!!

<dtml-in kdjfajdfljalfjafj>
<dtml-var thevariable fmt="uppercase??">  <<< THIS IS ONE THAT I WOULD LIKE
TO KNOW!!

Hope this helps!

Theodore E. Patrick

http://www.ishophere.com - Where do you shop?