[Zope] I give up - I want BUY Zope consulting

Samu Mielonen ex@uiah.fi
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 22:13:17 +0300

Hullo,

I've been fighting with Zope for two months now. I stumble
with the most basic things even though I've ready EVERY
single piece of documentation 100 times.

I can't even do simple things like:

	if X=Z then
		Z=C
		call that method
		render this object using this format
	else if ..

:(

and to think that I've studied computer science, programmed
several languages and thought I understood Zope's principles :)

I stumble on syntax, I get error messages that I just can't
parse, I can't find examples to do the simplest things,
it took me 8 hours to implement a Finnish date/time standard
(and I had to make 5 different variable calls for that)...

...the list is endless. I'm just too stupid for Zope.

Anyway, I've been reading this list closely and I would still
like to *use* Zope, even if I can't *develop* it myself.

Therefor, I'm asking:

	What's the proper way to solicit offers for Zope
	consulting and development?

I have a *very* basic site I want to build that includes:

	- Supporting journalist, editor, designer, anon & manager roles
	- Submitting small news articles with multiple categories
	  via forms + preferably via WebDAV (journalist)
	- Submitting multipage articles with embedded pictures
	  + videoclips (journalist)
	- Editing and approving news/articles for publication (editor)
	- Designing page looks, layout, skins, etc. (designer)
	- Managing specific folders, users, etc. (manager)
	- Publishing articles based on category, date and approval
	- Viewing published contents (anon)
	- Discussing articles (anon)
	  (I have other ideas, but the above is the core I want)

Now, I thought this would be simple as anything. As a matter of
fact, I was able to set up Squishdot in 30 minutes, but it didn't
too half the things I needed and I didn't know how to modify it.

Then I tried KM|Net News and it did most things, but I stumbled
on modifying again.

Now, don't get me wrong. Both are (IMHO) fine tools and the
authors were very helpful. The problem is I.

I just can't grok Zope, it's syntax, it's documentation nor
it's examples.

So, any takers for such a project?

I would need the above site ready last week :) and I don't
roll around in cash, but I'm willing to sell myself for pennies
just to get it done.

Any offers or suggestions (other than those meant for
general consumption) should be directed to ex@uiah.fi.

I'm flexible with time table and everything. I just want
this done... <sniff> :)

Best regards,
	Samu Mielonen

PS This would be an open source project. I pay for it and
then it's GPL'ed once it's done and it can be used by
other than just Zope Gurus. A product like this is SORELY
needed out there - a digital printing press+editorial office
combined if you will. I would have done it myself, but I'm too
stupid :(

--
"Our reflections on the order of society, as well as nature, are still
dominated by the Newtonian image of massive power, exerted by sovereign