[Zope] What to do when an External Method returns a dictionary

chas panda@skinnyhippo.com
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 07:21:28 +0800

><!--#var "core.newcurrenttime(nowtime())"--> returns a list,
>however, I can't seem to fetch the variables it returns.. :\
>
>Any ideas, a pointer to the relevant python code, etc.?

why not assign it to a variable in REQUEST.

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set(tempvar, core.newcurrenttime(nowtime()))">

then you can refer to it repeated without having to call the
external method again

or loop over it with dtml-in if you wish to use the results immediately.

<dtml in "core.newcurrenttime(nowtime())">
</dtml-in>

Both are untested and just guessing.

chas