[Zope] where are you sticking site-wide methods/resources ? ( too manyDTML-WITH's) DTML-WITH's)

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 11:41:57 -0400

Not very.

Last week I proposed a new semantic to the <dtml-var> tag.

<dtml-var aMethodThatWantsArguments arguments="{'arg1':value,
'arg2':value}">

This is identical to:

<dtml-var "aMethodThatWantsArguments(_.None, _, arg1=value,
arg2=value)">

I think the first is a *little* cleaner.

Just FYI, the first argument to a DTML Method is the 'client object',
this is commonly '_.None'.  If you want a DTML method to get its
namespace from an object, pass it in as the client.  For example, you
could pass in 'this()' to use yourself as the client.

The '_' object is the namespace stack, which is a collection of all
namespaces in your current context.

So, a DTML Method can be given a namespace in three ways:

o With a client object

o With a namespace mapping

o With keyword arguments

> b) Where on earth do you dig all this stuff up from ? I swear you've
>    got different documentation from everyone else. You must live in
>    the source.

The topic has been discussed on the list before (Now that it's
searchable, you can find out where
http://www.zope.org:12080/archives/Catalog/S)

-Michel