[Zope] Zope news

Joshua Brauer joshua@brauer.org
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 11:07:12 -0600

I would recommend Kevin's KM|Net News....

I know it does "too much" but you can readily "flex" it into doing whatever you want. With the newer versions of Net News the item (dtml) is in the instance so if you don't want comments/ratings you just remove them from the display. One instance of it in action can be seen at www.mountainwest.org where we don't have comments or ratings and a look that is more similar to squishdot's look.

Josh

At 11:31 AM -0500 9/30/99, Tim Wilson wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>I wondering if anyone has developed a ZClass (or set of ZClasses) for
>diplaying news stories on my site. I've played around with Kevin's KM|Net
>News, and it's very impressive, but I only need about 10% of its
>functionality. Essentially, I would like to have the same functionality
>that the Zope site has. Headline, story body, no comments required.
>
>DC guys, what do you use for your site? I would, BTW, like to have the
>capability of allowing anyone to enter a news item, have it reviewed by
>the person responsible for that part of the site, and then cataloged and
>displayed.
>
>Ideas?
>
>-Tim

                                    # # #

Joshua Brauer                                         Box 915
http://www.brauer.org                          Fort Collins, CO 80522
Fax: (419) 793-4120
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.
          -- Wilbur Wright in a letter to his father, September 1900