[Zope] ANN: ZEO goes Open Source

Ty Sarna tsarna@endicor.com
1 Apr 2000 18:34:05 GMT

In article <200003230105.LAA78152@mail.theinternet.com.au>,
Andrew Kenneth Milton  <akm@mail.theinternet.com.au> wrote:
> Some sort of transaction log would be nice. Not only could you track this
> to do replication, it would then possible to rebuild corrupted Data.fs files
> as well. I don't know if ZEO already does this, this is just idle speculation

The idea of adding a transaction log is rather amusing, since that's
what Data.fs is!

You could actually write some sort of replication based on reading a
live Data.fs behind Zope's back (sort of like tranalyzer -f), but it
would be better to implement it as a passthrough storage on top of the
regular storage, because Pack operations would be hard to deal with
otherwise.

A simple, brain-dead implementation (that doesn't take ZEO into account)
would be to have a TeeStorage that just passed transactions on to two
separate storages (and reads on to one of them).