[Zope] redefining __call__ in product (IEmethod)?

Geir B Hansen Geir B Hansen <geirh@funcom.com>
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 10:25:46 +0200

trying to make Johanc's IEmethod product fit into our intranet, i
modified it to inherit from DTMLdocument instead of method,
and modified __call__ in it by cut'n paste from DTMLdocument
and adding :
std_html_header= apply(HTML.__call__, (self.standard_html_header,bself, REQUEST), kw)
std_html_footer= apply(HTML.__call__, (self.standard_html_footer,bself, REQUEST), kw)
out = std_html_header + r + std_html_footer
return out

to make it include standard_html_header and footer..

Everything works nicely, except it cannot see objects
outside itself or header/footer.. As my header and footer
references other methods in my site, things break..

I guess this has to do with me modifying __call__, but don't
know how to fix it..

any hints of which direction to look for a solution ??

--
Geir Bækholt Hansen
web-developer/designer