[Zope] Is there a Zope logfile analyzer ?

J. Atwood Jatwood@bwanazulia.com
Mon, 03 Apr 2000 12:09:40 -0400

> I want to generate statistics about the access on a zope server like
> you do on normal web servers (e.g. apache):
> 1.) What format has the Zope logfile (Z2.log ? Is it the right file ?) ?

If you are using straight ZServer the Z2.log is a common log format (CFL).
It should have all the information you need.

> 2.) Are there any tools like 'webalizer', 'analog' ,... for zope ?

Yup. They are called "webalizer" and "analog"..(sorry, could not resist). I
am using them both and they both work great. The one thing that does get a
little messy is the "pages" since they are looking for ".html" etc. I
personally like Analog much better as it can be customized to your hearts
content.

> 3.) Can I analyze it with such standard tools ?

Yup and I am sure the rest would work (Summary, Sawmill, Webtrends, MKStats
(if they fix the Y2K bug), Wusage).

> 4.) Are there any parameters I need ?

Nope. Just run them on Z2.log and enjoy.