[Zope] URL redirection.

Joshua Brauer Joshua.Brauer@colostate.edu
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 12:31:03 -0700

I have done something similar. I have some sutff built that is not ready for distribution but can talk to you about it off list if you really want it...

Basically what I did was use an external method to get the page, go through and take all the links (terrible .asp things) and make them into .html links on my server.... when that page is loaded it goes and gets the equevilent .asp page... Why do all of this... well search engines won't index .asp pages so it's a way to get things indexed that can't be otherwise.....

Josh

At 12:34 PM -0500 4/3/00, sathya wrote:

>On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> > OK, part of my zope pages are inserted from another site (like frames,
> > but without frames).
> > What must make my product is taking these external pages, treating the
> > HTML code and print it with some new features.
>I have done something similar called munging where urls of other sites are
>modified to go thru your site such that you can keep track of user activity.
>In your case since you actually want to modify contents you may have to use an
>external method and use the http module interface to get the page modify it
>within python ie add dtml ,get the page into zope, dynamically create another
>object and reference it or redirect to it  within your dtml so that zope can
>process it.
>ofcourse have done nothing of this sort myself but just an idea
> > When the user clicks a link of this inserted page, I want to intercept
> > the request, treat the URL to go and searsh the HTML code to insert it
> > in my page.
> > Is it possible to do it???
> > How???

Joshua Brauer
Computer Support Scientist
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523
(970) 491-1080
Fax or Voice mail toll free 888-392-4832, ext. 291-345-5142
Direct Fax (419) 793-4120