[Zope] Problems with FTP port 8021

Patrick Phalen zope@teleo.net
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 16:51:00 -0700

[Cary O'Brien, on Tue, 04 Apr 2000]
:: 1) Installing new kernels on headless boxes is not for the faint of
::    heart.  However, it can be done.  What I've done is to compile a
::    new kernel and put it on a floppy, and reboot the machine so it loads
::    from the floppy.  if it does a crash-and-burn, just pop out the floppy
::    and reboot.

This is a promising approach. Take a look at http://www.linuxrouter.org.
It uses the Debian kernel; fits on a floppy and of course the floppy
can be 1.72 MB, if you want to cram BIND and other stuff on there.
http://www.lwn.net also maintains a running list of other floppy-based
Linux dists.

However, I'm a little confused by the complete layout according to your
original description, even after reading it 3X. Some ASCII art might
help. ;-)