[Zope] Newbie: /Manage Password problems

addyd@unk.edu addyd@unk.edu
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 09:29:27 -0500

Successfully installed Zope on a LinuxPPC Mac a couple of months ago and
have been reading/studying to grasp concepts, but had not worked with it
for a while. Found it had quit, so telnetted in and did a ./start . Serves
the default page OK, so looks like I'm up and running. Attempting to visit
the manage screen, I find that the originally assigned password is not
accepted. (had not run zpasswd.py to change it yet).

Looking at the access file, the password in the file looks nothing like the
one I wrote down when I installed it. For one thing, the password that I
wrote down is 8 characters long and the one in "access"  is HUGE. My
question is: What _part_ of that access file password string is actually
the password that I should use to get back to the manage screen? I've tried
any/all combinations that I can think of.

Right now the file says:
superuser:{SHA} followed by 14 characters, then a "/", then 12 more
characters, and finally an "="

???

Any enlightenment will be appreciated.

Darren Addy