[Zope] [newbie question] I want to view my source

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Wed, 05 Apr 2000 22:42:54 -0500

Choi He Chul wrote:

> ¸ñ, 06  4¿ù 2000¿¡, Tres Seaver°¡ ÀÛ¼ºÇÑ ±Û:
> > Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.russ.ru>

> > >    http://www.zope.org/index_html/view_source/view_source :)))
> >
> > Heh, "build a meta mousetrap..." :)
> --
>
> thank you.
>
> http://www.zope.org/index_html/view_source/view_source is very good idea !
>
> I try it and I success my source code.
>
> but, anonymouse user can't access it..
>
> I want show my all pages source.

If I read you correctly, view_source/view_source works for you on www.zope.org,
even as an anonymous user, right?  But you can't get it to work for anonymous
users on your own site?  If so, you need to assign a proxy role to the
view_source method to make up for the fact that anonymous users are missing a
specific permission (probably "Access contents information."

> and..
>
> What is "meta mousetrap" ?

Ugh, its a pun on an English/American truism:  "Build a better mousetrap and the
world will beat a path to your door."  Using view_source to examine itself is
piece of meta-programming, hence the pun.  Sorry for obscuring the main point.
Tres Seaver  tseaver@digicool.com   tseaver@palladion.com