[Zope] Re[3]: [Zope] full textsearch on own products !!

Anders Holmbech Nielsen ahn2@integrator.dk
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 08:20:41 +0200

> >on Tuesday, April 04, 2000 Anders Holmbech Nielsen wrote :
>>AHN> duh... Ok I didn't quite get it right the first time but now I have
>>AHN> installed the PythonMethod module and made a Pythonmethod instead.
>>AHN> Doing this I get this return:
>>

> >AHN> Error Type: NameError
> >AHN> Error Value: self
>>
>>AHN> Still with this content in the method:
>>AHN> return string.join((self.overskrift, self.indhold, self.forfattere),
>';')
>>

>>works here..
>>are you calling it for a Zclass instance, and not the Zclass
>>itself when testing it ?
>>
>>yoursite.dk/YourZclassInstance/YourPythonMethod
>

>Yes i call it from an instance of my zclass. ie:
>
>http://dyn-90:8080/byg/artikler/953721827/raw
>
>where "953721827" is the zclass. I have tried just to return a string
>and that works fine. It seems that Zope cannot find the "self"
>reference.
>
>[rh]You'll have to give your PythonMethod an argument 'self'

Ok. that seems fair enough. I have just tried it and it works PERFECTLY.

Thanks a lot to you and Geir Hansen for your answers.

Regards

Anders Holmbech Nielsen | Tlf:  (+45) 70 22 56 00
Software Engineer       | Fax:  (+45) 70 22 57 00
Integrator Uniware A/S  | http:/www.integrator.dk