[Zope] Why so many problems with database adapters?

Daniel G. Rusch drusch@globalcrossing.com
Thu, 06 Apr 2000 10:48:46 -0500

>>you reported a bug, crossed your fingers, and
>>hopefully in 4 or 5 months it would get fixed... this after
>>your commercial project already got killed. Yes, you fixed
>>the bug, but I am no longer using Java. :)

This is exactly what has happened to us with Zope, two of us here love
it and are willing to work around/with the bugs, inmature interface etc.
The rest of the team has voted to stop using Zope.

So if Zope is to have a future, more attention needs to be paid to this
issue. Remember once you lose the confidence / support of the users, be
they developers or end users, no matter what you do after that it really
doesn't matter. Our mistake here was using Zope version 1.x, several
developers on the team acquired such a strong distaste for the product
the very mention of Zope causes them to cringe.

Just thought you should know...

DR