[Zope] Docs

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 07 Apr 2000 17:22:03 +0100

Make sure you cater for novices.

The Zope Content Management Guide is at about the right level, I think, but is hideously out of date
:(
I really like the idea of a step-by-step sample site though...

After that you need to introduce DTML in all its gory detail :-)
Like the DTML Guide but more of a guide than an out of date reference.
(make you you include the tree tag in detail, it results in a lot of posts...)

That'd probably cover a small book quite comfortably ;-)

If you need more, then cover specific areas like SQL methods, ZClasses and the PTK.

A whole other section would be for Zope administration (maybe even a seperate book!) including the
simple things like installing and runing on Unix/NT along with things like hosting behind apache
with proxypass, etc...
If you had space you could chuck ZEO in here too..

My $0.08

Chris