[Zope] New user: Z Class questions

Ed Hitchcock ehitchcock@bvg.on.ca
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 10:09:49 -0700

	I'm starting to get the hang of it, but there are still a few things I'm having trouble sorting out.  Basically what I'm
trying to do is create a nested set of objects for a class web site.  The objects are a Course Folder, which contains Unit
Folders, which contains Lesson Sheets.  Using this, any teacher can put up a class website with a common interface by
simply pasting lext into the lesson sheets.
	What I did was to create the Course Folder class based on the folder base class, the Unit Folder based on
the Folder base class, and the Lesson Sheet base class based on the DTML Document base class. I created the
lesson Sheet class inside the UnitFolder Class inside the Course Folder class.  Now I want to add additional properties
to the classes, like TeacherName and Textbook to the course folder, UnitName, OrderNumber (for sorting purposes)
for the unit folder, and LessonName, ChapterReference, orderNumber, etc for the lesson folder.

	My questions:
	1.  How do I add these properties to the classes?  The Property Sheets seems to be something different, at
least adding property sheets doesn't addd properties to instances, and
	2.  Why do my UnitFolder and Lesson Sheet objects not show up in the Add List inside a Course Folder
instance like it says they should in the ZDG?

	Thanks in advance!
	Ed Hitchcock
	ehitchcock@bvg.on.ca