[Zope] DTML method's contents accessible but not viewable within a class definition ? class definition ?

chas panda@skinnyhippo.com
Sun, 09 Apr 2000 04:30:28 +0900

Having spent the better part of the night getting nowhere with
this, I hope somebody can help.

Consider a DTML method (called 'content') which is part of
a ZClass as follows :

/Control_Panel
	/Products
		/MyProduct
			/MyZClass
				content [dtml method]

Is there no way to protect the DTML method so that it
cannot be accessed directly from instances of this ZClass ?

eg. if we create an instance of MyZClass in the Zope root :

/MyInstance

I don't want people to be able to call :
	http://Zope_server/MyInstance/content

But we would like other DTML documents/methods such as
http://Zope_server/MyInstance/index_html
to be able to access the contents using "<dtml-var content>"

I've been getting nowhere with the "Define Permissions" tab of
the 'content' DTML method in the ZClass definition - it's simply
not possible to disable the 'view' property.

Thank you in advance if anybody can offer any suggestions here,

chas