[Zope] eliminating dupes in a list

Evan Simpson evan@digicool.com
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 00:21:18 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tres Seaver" <tseaver@palladion.com>
> That I can't even assign into a "local" mutable is a defect of
PythonMethods,
> but one I'm not competent to fix (I'm CC'ing Evan on this one in case he
knows
> of something better).  The "update()" version works because it looks to
> bytecodehacks like a function call, which does the required magic in C.

A few months back I posted to Zope-dev an outline of how I can allow "local"
mutable assignment if the user follows certain rules.  I haven't implemented
it yet, though it's high on my to-do list.  It basically involves
recognizing local names which are only ever bound to locally created lists
and dicts, and allowing them to be mutated directly.

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am & digicool