[Zope] Re: SQLSession and Performance

Timothy Grant tjg@avalongroup.net
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 11:21:01 -0700

Hung Jung Lu wrote:

> Not long ago someone (Timothy Grant) posted a message
> regarding performance with SQLSession. Now I am running
> into the same problem. I really don't know whether SQLSession
> is the problem or not. I just know that Zope keeps bloating
> up in memory usage. It boots up with 7 MB, and now it's
> reaching 38 MB each thread. When I clean the session tables
> of SQLSession, performance improves.
>
> I'd appreciate any help/comment. I am using Zope 2.1.4.

I still have the same issues, but I'm not sure that its SQLSession
specific. I put in a cron job that removes *all* SQLSession data every
night, and this did slow the degredation down, however, I found out this
week that my users were experiencing up to 45 second delays in page
loads. I could not track the problem, but eventually solved it by
setting up a cron job that restarts Zope in the middle of the night.

Not an ideal solution, but for the moment it works.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant                         tjg@exceptionalminds.com
Chief Technology Officer              www.exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer                      (503) 246-3630
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.              fax  (503) 246-3124