[Zope] Starting Zope dies with an NT exception

Graham Chiu anon_emouse@hotmail.com
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 16:35:46 +1300

In article <38F3C679.D1C8E379@digicool.com>, Michel Pelletier
<michel@digicool.com> writes
>Graham Chiu wrote:
>>
>> I just copied across a working data.fs from my server to my development
>> notebook, and now when I access localhost:8080, or even
>> localhost:8080/manage, then python.exe dies with an NT exception.
>
>What exception?  Can you give us more detail than this?

After starting up Zope, I can actually access a zwiki installation.
When I point to localhost:8080, I get the authentication challenge.
After entering my password, the frame separator appears on screen.

Then Dr Watson appears saying that I have an application error in
Python.exe.

Waiting a bit longer, it says that there has been an Exception : access
violation (0xc 0000005 ) at address 0x01651e67

>> I presume that there is something about my data.fs that is corrupt,
>
>I doubt that.

I renamed my data.fs, and did a completely new Zope installation of
2.1.6 into the same directory as before.  Zope now starts up ( though I
see the tutorial has gone ).

I stop the Zope service, copy back my old data.fs, and the problem
recurs.

I tried another data.fs that I had from 5 days ago that is running on
another machine, and that also produces an Exception/access violation.

I did not install any new software last night.

>> but
>> should it kill python.exe ?  Anything I can do to isolate the problem
>> further?
>
>What is the error?
>
>-Michel

Suggestions?