[Zope] WorldPilot on NT4- Storage.LocalStorage problems

Ryan Hughes Worldpilot Helpers <helpers@worldpilot.org>
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 12:09:52 +0200

Hi Andrew, Hi to all of the Win32 WorldPilot Users,

Sorry, I've been trying for a while to reconstruct what's going wrong
with your NT installations, but never could recreate the same problem.
So I set up a new virtual box (in vmware) from scratch, to try to find
out what could go wrong when installing a fresh worldpilot installation:

It turned out to be neither WorldPilot, Zope, Python or a PYTHONPATH
issue:
It probably is this program called WinZip :-(  (assuming you used it to
unpack the distribution)
It seems, that WinZip simply skips empty files and doesn't
create/extract them. Very, very stange behaviour ...

The file involved is:
.../Zope.../lib/python/Products/WorldPilot/Storage/__init__.py
Since it doesn't get created by WinZip, it's missing, and therefore the
import statement fails.

Solution:
create an empty file called __init__.py in the
.../Zope.../lib/python/Products/WorldPilot/Storage/   directory.

Then your system should be running fine :-)

BTW: if you'd use the CygWin GNU Toolkit's tar command, you wouldn't
have this problem ;-) (Or simply run Linux ;-)

Have fun

Cheers,
Ryan