[Zope] info: zope complete hanging

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 14:44:37 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

I've noticed something here, but it doesn't seem thread related since all
zope hangs.

from time to time (seems to be random), when using the management
interface, zope completely hangs when using IE5 under NT4SP5. With IE4 on
the same machine (before the update) or Netscape 4.72 under Linux (same
machine in dual boot) there's no problem at all. It seems (not sure) the
hang comes when an error occurs, and error often occur when you begin with
zope...

when it hangs I can't connect to zope from any workstation here, even
trying to access a different page, outside the management interface.

Tested with 2.1.4 and 2.1.6 under SparcLinux (RedHat 4.2, kernel 2.0.35,
libc-5.3.12, python 1.5.2), and we don't suffer seem to suffer from memory
leaks.

hope this helps to solve the problems.

Jerome ALET - alet@unice.fr - http://cortex.unice.fr/~jerome
Faculte de Medecine de Nice - http://noe.unice.fr - Tel: 04 93 37 76 30
28 Avenue de Valombrose - 06107 NICE Cedex 2 - FRANCE