[Zope] Minimal Zope Install - True Story

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 11:42:11 -0700

Pavlos Christoforou wrote:

> What I fail to understand is how can Zope consume more memory than (number
> of threads*size of Data.fs file), which assumes that all objects are
> awakened even their existing older versions. If on the other hand one
> accesses files on the filesystem then it is conceivable that those files
> (depending on OS) will be cached, by why should they appear under RSS?
>
> In anycase I am not accerssing any files on the filesystem so am I right
> to assume an upper limit of (number of threads*size of Data.fs file)?

Only current revisions of objects are ever activated, so this is not a
good measure.  There is generally no correlation between Data.fs size
and memory consumption.  Also, the size of an object when serialized
(pickled in the Data.fs file) does not correlate to the size of the
object in memory in any straightforward way.  Lot's of objects like
database adapters cache run-time information like result rows,
connection objects, etc.  None of this information gets serialized.

-Michel