[Zope] Slow Startup, error message: PROBLEM(100) ZServer Computing defa ult hostname ult hostname

Petru Paler ppetru@coltronix.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 22:33:02 +0300

    ZServer tries to do a reverse lookup and you have a problem with your
nameserver config. This should go away if you specify the hostname and/or fix
the nameserver settings (or make sure it's reachable).

On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 03:06:10PM -0400, Mike Fletcher wrote:
> PROBLEM(100) ZServer Computing default hostname
>
> Hi all,
>
> Zope has always taken a long time (20-30 seconds) to start on my PIII 500 NT
> 4.0sp5 machine, and I was suddenly struck by the thought "hey, maybe this
> error message that keeps getting printed when I start Zope means something".
> No luck finding error reports/documentation on it, and poking through the
> medusa source didn't help me find where the time is going (the actual
> computation of the default hostname seems fairly fast).
>
> So, any thoughts?  It's not a huge problem, but what with restarting the
> server every time I edit a file taking at least 1/2 minute, development gets
> somewhat tedious ;oP .

-Petru