[Zope] Acquisition problem

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 15:32:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Daryl Tester wrote:

> Pavlos Christoforou wrote:
>
> > ... and make sure standard_html_header is a DTMLMethod not Document.
>
> OK, this isn't immediately obvious to me.  Why?

Hi Daryl -

DTML Methods and ExternalMethods (I suppose PythonMethods too) are special
in that they 'attach' to the object that calls them. (At least this is how
I understand it because even though they don't add their own namespace in
the stack, they still don't obey regular acquisition rules. If I am wrong
I hope someone can correct me). Generally I find that in most situations
having standard_html_header/footer and index_html as DTMlMethods is more
appropriate.

Pavlos