[Zope] Socket Error (newbie)

jessica lee tishmack jlt29707@sci.tamucc.edu
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 15:04:36 -0500 (CDT)

> a: uninstall your RPMS, first copying the Data.fs file elsewhere.
>
> b: Download the zope source from
> http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.1.6/Zope-2.1.6-src.tgz/view
>
> c: untar it as some user *other* than root, name it something more
> sensible than Zope-2.1.6-src, then go into the directory
>
> d: type:
> python w_pcgi
>
> e: type:
> chown -R nobody var
> chown nobody access
>
> f: then I do:
> python zpassword.py -u root -p somepass access

For some reason, I get a message as follows when I do this:
python: can't open file 'zpassword.py'
even when I do this as root, using sudo....oh well.

> (because I hate the passwords they give you)
>
> g: Then cp /path/to/old/Data.fs var/
>
> (install wanted products here)
>
> h: then (as root) type ./start

Here is my main problem......when I do this I get the following error:

socket.error: (98, 'Address already in use')

I tried doing netstat -a and didn't see 98 or tacnews there (saw this in
an archived e-mail...but wasn't if that's what I should look for).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jessica