[Zope] Socket Error (newbie)

jessica lee tishmack jlt29707@sci.tamucc.edu
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 16:23:32 -0500 (CDT)

>     As expected, port 8080 is used by something else (looks to me like another
> zope instance). Shutdown it then try to start Zope again. You can also try
> starting Zope with
>
> ./start -P 9000
>
>    which will set the http port to 9080.
>
> -Petru

I shutdown the machine, and started it back up, and voila!  However, I am
running into a new error:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/jessi/Zope-2.1.6-src/z2.py", line 586, in ?
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/home/jessi/Zope-2.1.6-src/var/Z2.pid'

I was pretty much doing this for testing, so I didn't wan't to install
anything under the root directory...kept it all in my home directory...is
this what's causing my problem?  Should this all have gone under the root
directory?

Thanks,
Jessica