[Zope] Counting Memory Usage aka. Reading Top output.

Michael T. Richter Michael T. Richter" <mtr@ottawa.com
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 08:51:25 -0400

> <PLUG>
> I have been using Zope for 6 months now (after wanting to use it for
> 12). It is one of the most impressive pieces of software I have ever
> come across. In terms of its content management, easy of use,
> functionality and speed (yes SPEED) there is nothing out there that
> can compete. Don't worry about service and support, hire a smart
> person, who knows basic Perl or Python, Apache and some HTML and set
> them down with all of the documentation, this list and a shopping
> spree at the local bookstore. The Zope movement is strong and growing
> everyday. Digital Creations is a huge positive factor and their
> success only strengthens the overall power of Zope. Open Source
> allows freedom of development and plentiful resources. For the cost
> of a developer, $1000 in hardware and a good connection you can build
> and support a site that will handle millions of hits a month. ZEO
> will allow your company to grow to its hearts desire and never let
> your website be the limiting factor.
> </PLUG>

A shopping spree at the local bookstore does little good if none of the
documentation for Zope is available at the local bookstore....

While I agree with you that Zope is a very impressive product, I'd be an
awful lot more impressed if it came with documentation that was actually
useful.  I really don't fancy the prospect of reverse-engineering code to
figure out how to use something -- and that's about the only way to figure
out how to use Zope at this time.