[Zope] Missing Z2.pid

mindlace mindlace@imeme.net
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 13:14:18 -0600

jessica lee tishmack wrote:

> When I run ./start to get zserver/pcgi up and running, I get an error
> telling me Zope-2.1.6-src/var/Z2.pid permission denied.....yet when I look
> in that directory, Z2.pid is not even there...hmm.  Any ideas why it
> looks for a directory that doesn't exist? This is really the only thing
> holding the ./start program back, from what I can tell.

z2.pid is the file that contains the process ID of zope, so that the
stop script knows what to stop.

./start does not have write access to the directory var.

You are either:
a. starting it as a user that cannot access zope/var:
b. starting it as root, and not giving nobody permission to write to
zope/var.

--
ethan mindlace fremen        mindlace@imeme.net