[Zope] Newbie question: ZCatalog 'summary' meta-data

Curtis Matthews cmatthews@cpcus.com
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 17:12:49 -0400

Please find it in your heart to enlighten a newbie. :)

I've been able to find a lot of helpful documentation about how to use
ZCatalogs and search interfaces, but one thing that has eluded me is the
'summary' meta-data feature. All I've been able to find out about this is
it's supposed to store the first few hundred characters of a text document
so that they can be displayed on a results report.

I now have a catalog of about 100+ DTML Documents, and every time I search
it, the "summary" column of the results report is empty. I'm confused. I
assumed ZCatalog builds this summary automatically...does it? If not, what
extra stuff do I have to do to make it so?

Any troubleshooting suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Curtis Matthews