[Zope] Anyone using ZDiscussions?

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 12:32:59 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Withers" <chrisw@nipltd.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2000 11:57 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Anyone using ZDiscussions?

> > There are really basic and before I go and create my own I want to make
sure
> > that no one has done anything else.
>
> I think ZDiscussion are based on Confera. Which from what I understand is
now 'bad' because it's so
> old. Squishdot is based on this and problems have now started emerging
because Squishdot is also
> very old and doesn't do its indexing in the 'new ways' ;-)

Actually, I believe ZDiscussion is based on a newer set of code than
Confera, and is built with ZClasses and python. Which is not to say that it
is actively maintained...

> Recommendations in the past have included the KM|Net News product and of
course the PTK.
> You might like to consider these...

Note that KMNN is not really a "discussion" system... it's more of a news
posting system.

The PTK now has the ability to declare objects "Discussable". This is pretty
cool, and probably the way you'd want to go with new development...

Kevin