[Zope] Zope and CSS

Andrew Williams ajwms@visto.com
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 06:26:41 -0700

I am having a problem specifically with Netscape, CSS and Zope.  I have read, re-read and double checked the Zope and CSS Howto(http://www.zope.org/Members/mindlace/css_zope) and am still having problems.

Essentially I am trying to convert a website using CGI scripts and accessing a DB into a zope website.  I've made pretty good gains, except for one thing:  Netscape is not rendering the pages correctly.  Internet Explorer works fine, and both browsers render correctly on the old website.

Basically at the root of my folders I have two DTML methods (global_css_IE and global_css_NS) which I reference in my standard_html_header by (LINK rel="stylesheet" HREF="<dtml-var "global_css_NS.absolute_url()">" type="text/css")

I know I'm getting it because I can look at the html from the page and see the address of the zope server in the HREF tag.  However, some of my styles are not rendering in netscape, for example: (H2 {color: rgb(120,0,0);text-align: center;font: bold 16pt "Times New Roman";})

I have moved, changed and done everything I can think of to get this to work.  I can copy the entire stylesheet from the old website (which works fine), put it into the dtml method, and it doesn't work!

Thanks for any insight into this dilemna.

Andrew
Get Visto.com!  Private groups, event calendars, email, and much more.
Visto.com. Life on the Dot.
Check it out @ http://www.visto.com/info