[Zope] Zope and CSS

mindlace mindlace@imeme.net
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 09:18:38 -0600

Andrew Williams wrote:

> Internet Explorer works fine, and both browsers render correctly on the old website.

You're saying that the NS stylesheet you're using now worked in
netscape?

> Basically at the root of my folders I have two DTML methods (global_css_IE and global_css_NS) which I reference in my standard_html_header by (LINK rel="stylesheet" HREF="<dtml-var "global_css_NS.absolute_url()">" type="text/css")

Although I assume that you select for one or the other: you don't have a
link to the IE & NS stylesheets in the same page.

> I know I'm getting it because I can look at the html from the page and see the address of the zope server in the HREF tag.  However, some of my styles are not rendering in netscape, for example: (H2 {color: rgb(120,0,0);text-align: center;font: bold 16pt "Times New Roman";})

Have you added:

<dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type', 'text/css')">

to the first line of global_css_NS?

Also, one problem you may be having is the way netscape caches LINK.
For testing purposes, it's best to a. turn off NS's cache and/or b. set
it to zero.

Good luck,
--
ethan mindlace fremen        mindlace@imeme.net