[Zope] Re: CVS PTK and IOError?

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 17:42:34 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)

> Message: 2
> From: Mario Lang <mlang@home.delysid.org>
> To: zope@zope.org
> Subject: [Zope] CVS PTK and IOError?
> Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 22:04:45 +0200
>
> Hello.
>
> I just checked out the current version of the PTK base and Demo product from CVS.
> I copied the files as stated in the readme.txt, and
> my products appear ok (not broken).
> When I invoke the Wizard (Portal) and fill in the information,
> after submitting the final page (Finish) I get
> a Zope IOError.
> Any idea what could cause this?

and

> Message: 7
> Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 16:07:43 -0700
> From: Michel Pelletier <michel@digicool.com>
> To: Mario Lang <mlang@home.delysid.org>
> CC: zope@zope.org
> Subject: Re: [Zope] CVS PTK and IOError?

[snip]

> Mario, please send the traceback also.  If you are not running in debug
> mode then it is embedded in the HTML source of the error page.
>
> I'm *guessing* that you installed the PTK files as one user (perhaps
> root) and your Zope is running as another user (perhaps nobody) that
> does not have permission to read the files.

This rang a bell with me as I've been playing with the
PTK and sometimes got the same error (but not
after the end of the install of PTK - during use of
some bits).

This may not solve Mario's problem but is a warning
I think for others who, like me, have been upgrading
their Zope installs from the

Zope-2.1.x-to-2.1.y.*

sort of distributions. The lesson in my case: if you
apply one of these upgrades _DON'T_ rename the Zope
root directory like I did. You'll get all sorts of
path problems and errors like the one Mario reports
(again, I stress, this may not be the cause of his
problem).

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
     E-mail: paul.browning@bris.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/