[Zope] ZClasses and ZCatalog: reindexing problem

Jason Spisak 444@hiretechs.com
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 23:30:30 GMT

Anthony:

> Jason:
>
> OK, I took out the redirection <dtml-if> in the constructor.  The DTML test
> method returns the id.

Good.

> So... you're suggesting that... I encase the whole constructor method in
> this redirect dtml-if?

Yes.

> OK: I deleted the search and report interfaces (report being jacked) and
> then created new ones.  When I view "report" now, the new instance's
> properties appear along with all the old ones.  Cool!  So Catalog is getting
> reindexed OK and I am happier.

I'm glad to spread joy and prosperity.

> However, when I try to search the new instance (by whatever property),
> _report says there's no data matching the query.  What's up with that?

Two things.

One:

Does the search form contain boxes for properties that are not in you
ZClass? (ie is it the default report generated by the ZSearch Interface
wizard?)

Two:

What values are you searching for?  Give me an example of you're data.

Jason Spisak
CIO
HireTechs.com
6151 West Century Boulevard