[Zope] slow site

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 22:02:23 -0500

At 09:04 PM 4/23/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey everyone,
>
>My Web site is acting very sluggish, and I wonder if someone has an
>explanation or suggestion. I'm running Zope 2.1.6 behind Apache. Apache is
>also serving a number of other very low traffic virtual hosts. My site,
>also, is very low traffic. The "server" is a cast-off IBM Pentium 120
>desktop machine w/ 32 MB RAM and 4.3 GB IDE drive. The server is on a T1
>connection our school's ISP.

I have the same problem. I have a Pentium 100 and 32 MB RAM. The RAM is not
nearly fully used. Do you run a relational DB, since that would be the
obvious explanation. I deactivated any other service, but no effect.
I dunno, but maybe, the days of 100MHz machines are over. :-(

I would be glad to hear about some other optimization things one can do.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter - (901) 573-3308 - srichter@cbu.edu
CBU - Physics & Chemistry; Framework Web - Web Design & Development