[Zope] Fwd: Re: [Zope] NameSpace Question

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 17:47:01 -0500

>At 03:28 PM 4/24/00 -0600, you wrote:
>>I need a name space expert to please answer the following question.  Why
>>can't
>>I access row_items in the following senario:
>>

>>dtml document (index):
>>         has an input form with records called row_items as inputs.
>>         On submit it calls form2 ( post ).
>>
>>dtml document "form2":
>>         it uses row_items just fine.
>>         it also has an input form and simply calls form3 (post) on submit.
>>
>>dtml document "form3":
>>         it cannot find row_items -- i don't understand why, I thought
>>namespaces where stacked on top of each other, can someone help please.

 From document to document you have to pass your form variables, since the
Web is stateless, or you use some Session Product. This behavior has
nothing to do with Zope. It is all HTTP. Just create a hidden input field
called "row_items" in form2. In case row_items is a list, you can do the
following in your form2 document:

<dtml-in row_items>
<input type="hidden" name="row_items:list" value="<dtml-var sequence-item>">
</dtml-in>

That will insure that row_items is passed to the last form. BTW, that
method works well, I use it all the time. I guess I should look into
sessions one day.

Regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Richter - (901) 573-3308 - srichter@cbu.edu
CBU - Physics & Chemistry; Framework Web - Web Design & Development