[Zope] IsDaZope: a Zope checker and relauncher

Jerome ALET Jerome.Alet@unice.fr
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 22:20:22 +0200

Hi there,

Because I was hurt by the Zope hanging problem, and
because I wanted to contribute something back to the
Zope community, I've written a python script which
can periodically check if your Zope server is still
serving requests correctly, and restart it if it's not
the case.

It's called IsDaZope and you can get it as a tar+gzip file,
as well as a document which explains how to use it, at:

http://www.zope.org/Members/jerome

Unfortunately, Murphy's law has hurt me too: my
Zope served has not hanged today so I was unable to test
my program in this situation. I hope it will hang tomorrow ;-)

I've tested it when manually shutting down Zope, and it works
fine: it can detect this situation and restart Zope.

You can also use isdazope to detect if a particular HTTP
server seems to be a Zope server or not.

In order for isdazope to work correctly you should:

        - read the documentation and use the correct
          arguments for your situation on the command line

        - launch it AFTER having launched Zope. I suggest you
          launch it in the background.

isdazope is distributed under the Gnu General Public License.

Please feel free to send me any feedback, especially if you
find this software useful or too buggy.

Enjoy.

Jerome Alet